What is a camping towel? Have you ever considered using hammam towels as camping towels?
There are so many choices, many campers like the idea of using a MF towel due to it’s practical use to dry you off but are you aware they contain up to 30% plastic so they maybe small, lightweight and compact but they loss micro plastic fibres every time they are washed.
Using hammam towels as camping towels opens up a whole range of uses. In fact they are probably one of the most versatile towels you will own. Here’s a small list of what they can be used for, other uses we will leave up to your imagination.
- As a camping towel – Hammam towels are more absorbent than a terry towel so they will dry you off quicker
- As a ground sheet – With our hammam sizes starting at 180 cm x 100 cm up to 200 cm x 200 cm they’re big enough to share
- Sun shield? – With our larger size hammams they’re colourful and make a great awning.
- Beach Towel – Our traditional woven hammams have a tight weave so as a consequence sand can be shaken off easily, so less mess in your tent.
- Use as a sarong or a wrap when leaving the shower area. Hammam towels also dry off quicker themselves compared to a terry towel.
- Do you love wild swimming? Our traditional or lined hammams are great for drying you off
- Travelling abroad? Hammam towels make the perfect travel towels as lightweight and compact.
Size and weight
- Compact – When folded or rolled they are smaller than a standard towel, also great if hiking and easy to store away.
- Lightweight – Our standard hammams weigh less then 500 grams, so less weight to carry.
- Extra Large – We also have a range of extra range hammams, just click “here” to view.
Camping towels as a gift
Do you know anyone that enjoys the great outdoors? Why not buy them something different this year that will last them for years. With over 60 designs to chose from in colours, designs and sizes we’re sure you’ll find them something suitable. As an anniversary gift, are you aware that cotton is the traditional gift for a 2nd wedding anniversary. Why not buy the loving couple something useful and will last them for years especially if they like camping.
What do our existing customers think of our hammam towels and our service? Just click “here” to find out.
Visiting sunny Bridport, Dorset? Come on in and see them for yourself.
Continue to our shop “here”
Hammams explained (Our silly little video)
Here’s a brief history of the hammam towel
Used in bath houses of Ancient Rome, the hammam towel was originally a rectangular shaped cloth used as a towel. It is one of the first garments of humankind dating back to the Anatolian Culture (200 B.C.). Now revisited and designed in a modernized form in flat and honeycomb weave.
History of Hammam Towels, the tightly woven loom work gives the hammam towel a high level of absorbency and durability. Made in the traditional way, Tunisian men handle the heavy loom work while the women finish the intricate fringe work. 100% cotton super lightweight and compact, they still have the same absorbency as normal towels but are more quick drying and versatile.
Thanks to its extraordinary durability and versatility, the hammam towel has emerged as the new generation of bath, beach and pool towels all over Europe and America. Eco friendly and tight woven, the more you wash it the softer and more absorbent it gets. The time honoured tradition of looming has proven impossible to duplicate. Hammams have various titles depending where in the world you are, two of the popular names are fouta and peshtemal.
We hope our short description of “History of Hammam Towels” has been useful